Sunday 25 May 2014

Zoo Babies in a Box !


Hello everyone, hope you are all enjoying the sunshine and avoiding the showers!

I wanted to share this cute little card I made yesterday for a special little Girl who turns 7 this week, not a 'Girlie Girl' ...she much prefers blue so I wrangled together all my blue inkpads and set about a menagerie of blue Zoo Babies in another Card in a Box , I love making these and they sure have the wow factor :)



I stamped all the animals using different shades of blue and added a Rich Razzleberry Zebra for good measure, the animals were all hand cut with my new SU Paper Snips, if you don't have these get them , they are so sharp right down to the tips of the blades, perfect for intricate cutting!



Some stars cut from Silver Glimmer Paper add a nice touch of bling, everybody likes a bit of bling even non Girlie 7 year old Girls !!! I also added some 'grass' using the Fringe Scissors , it really adds to the 3 dimensional look. All of the elements were mounted on clear acetate so they appear to float.


I've completed the card with a silver 7 cut on my Silhouette machine and stamped a matching envelope in the perfect size, this is so easy with the Envelope Punch Board.

So there you have it, a bespoke card full of fun and in her favourite colours, I can't wait to give it to her.

Happy weekend everyone.

Nicola xx

No comments: